Wine Cellar Builders
There are many companies that you can use to build your wine cellar. A few questions to ask about your wine cellar builder are:
1. Does your builder have the knowledge to correctly prepare your wine room? Wine thrives in cool, humid conditions. So does mold. A wine room that is not properly insulated and sealed can lead to a thriving mold population and a huge, expensive, and potentially dangerous problem. Wine cellar builders need to have a thorough understanding of insulation and cooling.
2. How extensive is their experience? It is highly important to hire a wine cellar builder who has experience building wine cellars, preferably someone who has been in the business for many years and who has built many different types of wine cellars. Wine requires a complex and highly nuanced storage system. It takes years to gain an understanding of what kind of system will work in a given climate and space. Vintage Cellars has been building wine cellars for 20 years, has seen products and styles come and go, and knows from experience what works best.
3. Has your prospective wine cellar construction company done a range of cellar sizes? A builder might have deep knowledge of small wine closets of the type that apartment dwellers often install, but little knowledge of how to build a large wine cellar, which require more racking detail. Experience is key!
4. Are they not only a builder, but also a designer? A wine cellar should fit into the aesthetic of your home, and provide the kind of visual appeal that will have your guests asking, "Can I see where you keep your wine?" A good wine cellar builder will be able to outfit your cellar with customized racks, light boxes, doors, murals, and so on. Vintage Cellars can work with your builder on racking design.
5. Does your wine cellar building contractor understand wine itself? A wine cellar is so much more than a big refrigerator, and your wine cellar builder needs to understand that. Someone with experience in the wine industry will know to consider incorporating wine-specific details like areas for storing bottles of unusual sizes (magnum-sized bottles, splits, double magnums) and tasting areas.
At Vintage Cellars we are not only experts in wine storage and design, but collectors as well. We continually educate ourselves on the history of wine as well as the latest trends in the industry. We can design a cellar for a collector to grow into by knowing your tastes, trends and passion for wine. Vintage Cellars has been designing and constructing wine cellars for many years. We offer free design consultations, and we are prepared to work with you on all phases of your project. We have decades of wine storage experience and an extensive portfolio of custom wine cellars we have built in homes, garages, and even yachts. If you are thinking of building a wine cellar, call us today and see why we are the wine storage experts.